[Xastir] Messaging

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 24 12:30:40 EST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> One thing I would like to see fixed is in the :All Message Traffic" window is
> the range filtering.  Presently I have 350 miles set and I still get all
> kinds of foreign messages with call signs such as LU6DWS, IW2HNN, etc...
> Pretty sure they are more than 350 miles away....

Leave Xastir long enough for it to get a posit from those stations
(if they're sending position info, they might not be), and then
Xastir will be able to compute the distance to them and filter them
out.  Until then, you get them.  We don't know where stations are
unless they tell us.

> ALso some filtering for call signs would be nice....

You should be able to do that via the filtered internet feeds.  No
use re-inventing the wheel if we don't have to.  If that's not
adequate, let us know why.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer