[Xastir] Dbfawk reload

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 26 02:57:44 EST 2004

> So if you're doing tons of development on a dbfawk file,
> don't put it in /usr/local/share/xastir/config, just give it
> the same base name as the shape file you're working on and a
> ".dbfawk" extension, and put it in the same directory as the
> shapefile.  You can then edit it and have its effects visible
> just by going into the map chooser and clicking "ok" to
> redraw the display.  Only when you're done editing your
> dbfawk file and want to set it in stone should you move it to
> the config directory and let it be used as a per-signature file.
>
> Not the best solution, but certainly a viable work-around.

I guess I'll just have to restart Xastir every time I make a change. I have
cut up the shapefiles into over 40 chunks, so to be able to have the effects
show on all of them, I'd have to edit 40+ dbfawk files.

There are a few rogue road types used in Alberta, and I am trying to find
them by changing the attributes to make them stand out. I don't know where
they are in Alberta, so I need to have the attribute changes affect all
shapefiles.

I'd also like to be able to change the roads labelled ramp. Some need to be
attached to the highways, while others need to be attached to the collector
or local roads. If I set ramps to only show on a close zoom level, I can end
up with holes in the highways. If I set ramps to display at the same zoom
level as the highways, I end up with turn lanes in the city floating about
with no roads.

James
VE6SRV