[Xastir] Christmas present: Messaging Fixes

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 26 04:02:04 EST 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, James Ewen wrote:

> > Oh yea, if you haven't set up the sudoers file, xastir-update
> > won't install the executable for you or run the chmod
> > command.  That could be your problem.
>
> If I remember correctly I can't do that on Cygwin.

Actually you can, but it won't have any effect.

> > To fix in this case, just su to root and do the make install
> > and chmod portions.
>
> Was it not you that informed me that Cygwin does not have a root user?

Yea.

> > You also don't need to do the "cvs update" if you run the
> > xastir-update script, it does that for you.
>
> Okay, so only one step is required...

Yea, unless the xastir-update script itself has changed (probably a
rare event), in which case you'll need to do the "cvs update" first
to get the new script, then run it.  Windows doesn't like to update
a script that is running.  Unix doesn't care.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer