[Xastir] Christmas present: Messaging Fixes

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 27 12:19:47 EST 2004

> > Hmmmm.  There's one easy place to check --- you wouldn't, by any
> > chance, have put a "set HOME=" in one of the batch files
> that launches
> > your cygwin setup, would you?
>
> Another question --- I just went over to update cygwin on the
> kid's machine and see that there's an option in setup that
> lets you select whether to install for all users or just me.
> Which did you pick when you installed?

I only set what ever the readme.win32 files says to do. I set up for only
me, as I am the only one running the program, and the only user on the
system.

I changed the username in Windows, and then found out it only changed the
display name. I found instructions on the net on how to change both. I did
so, wiped out Cygwin and Xastir, and then reinstalled everything.

I now have Cygwin running using the user jewen.

All is good, right? Nope... Now I've buggered up my Windows login. When
Windows asks me to click on the user I want to log in as, there are no users
available. The only way I can get into the machine is by Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
When I log in, I'm a lowly user that has no permissions...

See, I can not only screw up Linux... I can screw up Windows too! At least I
have consistency.

James
VE6SRV