[Xastir] reprojection / gdalwarp / geotiff problems

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue Dec 28 05:49:18 EST 2004

Tom Russo wrote:
> I have been playing around with pnmquant in my install of netpbm, and
> it doesn't work for me (probably some problem in my installation).  I did find,
> however, that "convert" (which you probably already have as part of imagemagick)
> can do it easily:
>
>   convert inputfile.png -colors 256 intermediate.png

This is exactly what I did after reading your previous email (the
pnmquant thing didn't work for me either) and it seems to have fixed the
planarconfig error as well. I haven't checked whether the georeferencing
went ok yet, but at least the map pieces are where approximately where
they should be in Xastir. I have to warp some larger scale maps and see
if the projection errors are gone.

   Tapio