[Xastir] georeferencing maps on osx?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Dec 28 22:08:36 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 08:59:44PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> flavor, containing:
> The grid lines are best viewed as approximations, not registration
> points!  Grass is a good starting point.  Sometime soon, Quantum GIS
> (qgis) will be there.  It's not there yet.
>
> Check out http://openosx.com/grass/ for the Mac.
>
> Also, last I checked, while there are a ton of "official" GRASS sites,
> the folks at Baylor, in Waco, TX, are still getting Army money to do
> development and enhancement...

For the longest time the Baylor site was flakey and I had to stop going there,
but now that Gerry mentions it I went back and checked --- it appears to be
working again and a proper mirror of the official site in Italy.  It's
http://grass.baylor.edu/  A binary for Mac OS X is available on the downloads
page.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."