[Xastir] Messaging

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 30 17:08:56 EST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:

> In case I missed it...Love that messaging  sequence you fixed.  Now you can
> really tell what is happening without the pop up annoyances.....
>
> A good example is I received a message from a station and I responded using
> the reverse path.  I didn't work after about 4 retries, so I changed the path
> to one I know works and got an ack on first transmission.

Well, since you're playing with that can you test a few messaging
things on RF for me?  I'm currently down, but might be up again
tonight if all goes well.

*) Start sending a message to a station you know is not present.  A
good choice might be your own call but an unused SSID.  Use the
default paths you have set in your Interface->Properties.  In other
words don't set a custom path in the Send Message dialog.  After a
transmission or two, put a custom path into the dialog and see if
the transmitted packets change to that new path.  Any time you
change that path, the next transmit for that QSO should change to
correspond.

*) Delayed Ack Path:  We now send delayed ack's at t+30, t+60, and
t+120 seconds after we send our first ack, if the remote station is
sending duplicate messages to us.  The path used by any of these
ack's remaining in the queue should get changed to whatever is in
the Path: box in the Send Message dialog.  They should get changed
at the point the dialog is closed or the Send Now! button is
pressed.

I'd have to check whether the delayed ack path gets changed just
before transmit if the Send Message dialog is still up.  It may not.
That may be a loophole that I still need to close.