[Xastir] Messaging

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 30 17:14:18 EST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:

> In case I missed it...Love that messaging  sequence you fixed.  Now you can
> really tell what is happening without the pop up annoyances.....

Also, the Send Message and Send Group Message dialogs will now pop
to the top of the window stack if new things arrive.  This way you
can either close them or hide them behind other windows.  Only the
first new ack or the first new message will cause them to pop up, at
which time you know they might need attention again.  Oh yea, a
timeout on a message will also do it.

The two major changes here were:  Only update the window if
something _NEW_ happens (not dupes of messages or ack's), and bring
the window to the top of the window stack.

I'll often just close the window after sending a message.  Xastir
will create a new one and pop it up when I get an ack/timeout or the
remote user sends me a new message.

All of this is just in CVS so far, not any snapshots.  New devel
snapshot should happen soon though.