[Xastir] Does Xastir I-Gate?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 2 14:34:29 EST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Larry wrote:

>  Quick question.  Does Xastir I-Gate?  Planning to move from XP to
>  Linux and the major app on the machine now is APRS+SA used to
>  I-gate position and WX data.  Just thought I'd check.
>  73....Larry

Yes.  It can igate in both directions.  It only igates messages to
RF, and doesn't igate the remote stations posit to RF along with the
message like some programs do.  You can select per interface which
direction to igate, or whether to igate at all on that interface.

You can also run Xastir on XP.  I'd go with Linux though!

See the APRS Capabilities Chart.  There's a link to it off the
Xastir Features Page, which is linked to Xastir's home page.