[Xastir] Jerky Serial IO

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Thu Feb 5 16:28:06 EST 2004

>On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Brian D Heaton wrote:
>
>> It may also make big diffence on whether the internal serial-TNC code is

>> used or the Linux AX_25 socket interface.  I think some of this may be
>> the serial pacing stuff.
>
>Yes on whether or not it makes a difference.
>
>With regard to the serial pacing, you can crank that down now in the
>timing dialog.  It might be worth playing with to see if it solves
>or minimizes the problem.

The timing dialog does turn down the delay significantly, but there are apparently
still some other hard-coded delays in there - the delay to the TNC is still
noticable - enough to make the TNC wait when relaying for example, but it's
much better than it was when you addressed this problem.

73 - Matt