[Xastir] Xastir on Mepis - ttyS0 hard fail

Gale Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Sun Feb 8 10:24:48 EST 2004

I have installed Xastir 1.3 on Mepis and have only one problem.  When I
try to start a serial-tnc interface on ttyS0 I am getting a Hard Fail
error.  I have done the usual things - did the chmod 4555 on
/usr/local/bin/xastir, verified that the ttys*'s are all in the root
owwner/group, etc.  However, even running as root I still get the same
error.  I suspect that it is something with the Mepis config as I am
running the same version of Xastir on my other box under RH 9 and it is
working fine after  going through the same setup process.  Any idea's?

    Gale