[Xastir] Xastir on Mepis - ttyS0 hard fail

Gale Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Sun Feb 8 10:50:44 EST 2004

Yes, it is "S" as that is the first thing I checked, as I have done that
once or twice (or so) in the past.  I just started Xastir from a
terminal window and did see that it gives me the following note during
the startup process:

found an existing lock file /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 for this port!
Lock is stale! Removing it!

Note: I only get that error message when logged and starting Xastir as a
"normal" user.  Do not get the error message when logged in as root!
Though in both cases do get the hard fail error in Xastir itself.

   Gale