[Xastir] GPS data monitoring/logging?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 8 16:38:24 EST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Kurt A. Freiberger wrote:

> I seem to remember that there was some way to monitor and/or log GPS data coming in.  Is there, or will I be forced to dust off my C code skills?
> Warning: It may not be pretty.
>
> What I'd like to do is to record my perambulations and be able to replay them later, or use the captured data for other purposes.  I may or may not have connectivity to send data to the IS during this time.
>
> I'm off to the Source.

What about running gpsd, connecting Xastir to that, then also
connecting a telnet session to gpsd and piping the output to a file?
I think you have to send one or two characters to gpsd to get it to
start sending data, but you could automate that with a little Perl5
program that does the telnet and pipes it to a file.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer