[Xastir] sound command mandrake 9.2

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 19 18:51:20 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Dennis wrote:

> Hi All.... I have just recently installed Mandrake 9.2 and then installed
> xastir. I think i have installed Fetsival ok as well. Would anyone be able
> to tell me what the command would be for speech, and sounds in Mandrake
> 9.2.? Xastir seems to be ok, running with limited maps of Canada. Very new
> to linux, and xastir ( blind luck that it works at all on my part.) Thanks in
> advance...........dennis (ve6dhw)

Depends on what you want to do.  Did you get sound configured/tested
and know that it works?

You can try playing a sound using various players that might be on
your system.  You might also have to play with some mixer programs
in order to get the volume set correctly.

To use Festival with Xastir, you have to start Festival up in daemon
mode, so that it is running all the time, then Xastir connects to it
when it has something it needs spoken.  Look at the Xastir INSTALL
file for info on that.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer