[Xastir] maps

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Feb 20 17:15:40 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, John Place wrote:

> For some reason, starting yesterday, all stations are not being
> displayed properly anymore. They are showing up more to the southeast
> than they should. No changes or updates have been made to the system or
> Xastir. Tried closing it out and restarting xastir but that didn't work
> either.
> Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this? Probably not. HI!

Using which maps?

Possible explanations:

1) You're trying to use Tigermaps and using a previously loaded
tigermap as the current fetches are failing.  I've seen this where
the server was down, but the wget (or libcurl?) fetch didn't report
failure properly.  Xastir thought that it succeeded, then loaded the
image that it already had in memory, which, if you haven't panned or
zoomed lately, might still fit your view.

2) You may be using a map that isn't georeferenced properly.

It's doubtful that the actual station positions are incorrect.  It's
more likely that your reference to those positions (the map) is
incorrect.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer