[Xastir] Re: Xastir on Solaris 9 with AEA PK232MBX

Alan Shackelford alan_s at shaknet.net
Tue Feb 24 12:43:38 EST 2004

Thanks to the advice of several of you both on the list and in private
email, the NG3B Xastir install is up and running. For future reference,
here are the steps I took, based on your advice combined with my
knowledge of Solaris and the AEA PK232MBX.

First, use admintool to set up the serial port at 8N1 9600.

Have a look at the /etc/uucp/Devices file and ensure you have the
following in there someplace (like at the very bottom):

ACU cua/b - Any hayes
Direct cua/b - Any direct

Then use 'cu' (solarisese for call unix) to send a '*' to the TNC. You
will receive a response from the TNC with copyright info, etc.

Close the 'cu' session and start Xastir from a terminal window.

Set the Interface to 9600 8N1 in the configuration screen. Start the
interface using the Interface Start/Stop window. The data will begin to
flow.

Thanks to the group for your support, and to the developer(s) for a fine
piece of software.

Alan NG3B