[Xastir] Problems compiling in ImageMagick and Libgeotiff

Rick rick at rifan.com
Tue Feb 24 18:26:14 EST 2004

Hello!

I recently "rebuilt" the box that I run Xastir on, and am now having
problems compiling Xastir so I can run it.

Xastir seems to have problems finding both libgeotiff and image-magick.

I think the libgeotiff problems are libgeotiff's fault, and I can live
without it for now, but really need image-magick.

The box is an AMD k-500 running SuSE9.0.

When I try to compile Xastir configure tells me that it can't find it.

>From the output of configure:

checking for Magick-config... no
checking for /sw/bin/Magick-config... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find Magick-config:  Building w/o
ImageMagick support. ***
checking for pj_init in -lproj... yes
checking for TIFFClose in -ltiff... yes

<--snip-->

xastir 1.3.0 has been configured using the
following external libraries.

Building with AX25.......... : yes
Building with Festival...... : yes
Building with GPSMan........ : yes
Building with ShapeLib...... : yes
Building with ImageMagick... : no
Building with libproj....... : yes
Building with GeoTiff....... : no
Building with GDAL/OGR...... : yes
Building with pcre.......... : yes
Building with dbfawk........ : no

Yet it's there .... compiled from source:rick at hobbes:~> locate
Magick-config
/usr/local/bin/Magick-config
/usr/local/man/man1/Magick-config.1
/usr/local/src/ImageMagick-5.5.7/magick/Magick-config
/usr/local/src/ImageMagick-5.5.7/magick/Magick-config.1
/usr/local/src/ImageMagick-5.5.7/magick/Magick-config.in
rick at hobbes:~>

Anyone have any ideas???  I'd really like to get back up and running!

If it would be helpful my config.log can be found at
http://www.rifan.com/xastir_install/config.log

If it's any different, and therefore helpful, the output to screen from
./configure can be found at
http://www.rifan.com/xastir_install/configure.output.

Many thanks!!

.... Rick / N1BOI