[Xastir] serial port error with serial GPS

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 29 21:39:05 EST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:

> Yes I have one, and a Special Cobol coding form..
> I also have a IBM 1442 Printer manual.
> My first program ran on a IBM 1620.
> Then the school got a 360 Mod 30.....
> I helped upgrade the a 360 Mod 20 to 16K core memory. Yes K, but K words so
> multiply by 8.
>
> I think I am starting to feel OLD

Yea, but these are fun sorts of threads, even if off topic (no
version of Xastir would run on the old stuff we're talking about).

First programming class was using punched cards and a line printer,
Fortran.  I never saw the computer, and didn't even know which
building it was in.

The ham club at college (W7YH, 2 years older than the ARRL) had an
ASR33? and a punched tape reader/writer, also a Robot 70 SSTV
monitor and an audio reel-to-reel for recording/playing back the
SSTV signals.  Had a blast with all that, but having more fun with
Linux/Unix and connecting to radios.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer