[Xastir] Not transmitting.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 9 10:58:03 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

> Where is the unprot to be set in xastir ?.

On the Interface->Properties dialog for each interface.

You're running the 0.3.6 version of Xastir.  That's what currently
comes on the SuSE CD's (even SuSE 9.0!), but please be aware that it
is several years old, and probably won't work with many of the
internet servers that are out there.  It has numerous bugs, falls
over a lot, and is missing all of the features that have been added
since then including many more map formats.  I'd suggest grabbing
the latest development version (Dec 15th, 2003) from the Xastir
Sourceforge web site and trying that instead.

> >>I run SuSE 8.2 here with xastir xastir-0.3.6_3-497.

Someone should get together with SuSE and have them upgrade to the
new version for their CD distribution.

Anyone remember when 0.3.6 came out?  Was it this century, or last?
I'm thinking late last century, perhaps 1998 or 1999?