[Xastir] Uninstalling xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 9 17:23:37 EST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Spider wrote:

> What is the best way to uninstall xastir?  I can not get the serial port to
> work to save my life and I either need to reload the whole darn thing or
> give up.

Xastir gets installed into the /usr/local/ areas and creates
user-specific files in the ~/.xastir directory.

I don't know if we have a Makefile target for "uninstall" but that
might be one thing to try ("make uninstall" as root).

I think you're barking up the wrong tree in trying to
uninstall/reinstall it.  That's a windows-centric method of handling
the problem.  It won't do you much good with Linux most of the time.

You could try "make install" from the xastir directory to reinstall
it on top of what was installed before.  It overwrites old versions.

If you then do "cd;rm -rf .xastir", you'll remove all of your
user-specific files, and Xastir will come up totally clean.  You'll
have to redefine your interfaces and such.