[Xastir] Yet another old-time thing...

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Fri Jan 9 22:42:27 EST 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Just curious:  How many of the old-time Xastir users had to request
> their internet password directly from Steve Dimse, K4HG?

Yup - me too.

Reading through all these I was trying to remember when I started with
xastir - I think it was about 0.3.6 or so - sometime in 1999 I'm fairly
sure. I'd gotten fed up with the pay for *&%^&*))&*^% 'feature' of
another well known client - we needed an I-gate in town, now. So - I was
forced to learn this "Linux" thing, and here I am. Frank himself helped
me quite a bit to get 'er all going.

Hehehe, maybe - just maybe I hold the DIS-tinction of being one of the
longest xastir users that hasen't submitted a single line of code.

Many, many thanks guys - you've no idea how much of a life changer this
xastir thing has been for me.

As a direct result of xastir I've a new home, in a new town as a result
of a new career that centers around networking. All as a result of
having to use that *nix stuff to get xastir running.

73