[Xastir] Yet another old-time thing...

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Fri Jan 9 23:10:13 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:28:30PM -0800, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Just curious:  How many of the old-time Xastir users had to request
> their internet password directly from Steve Dimse, K4HG?
>
> I got mine 10 Sep 1999, direct from Steve.  I had forgotten about
> the old procedure:  That was before Steve released the algorithm
> and before we wrote an application to implement it.

Yup, probably May or June 1999 (I got a copy as soon as Frank announced
it).  By Jan, 2000 when I got this call the algorithm had been included
(possibly in aprsd before Xastir).

Bob

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net