[Xastir] New xastir

Nate Bargmann n0nb at networksplus.net
Sat Jan 10 20:23:30 EST 2004

* Brian D Heaton <bdheaton at c4i2.com> [2004 Jan 10 19:07 -0600]:
> Nate,
>
> 	The maps I was using around that time were the WinAPRS county maps made
> from the 90-something census data.  Each state was 20-30MB as I recall.
> Pretty painful to download over dialup.  I had a whopping 128Kbps
> dedicated ISDN connection at home though so it was only slightly
> painful. <G>

I think that's right, Brian.  I think the only place a person could get
them was from a Rutgers site which was down for the weekend I wanted the
maps.  On the following Monday I found the site was back up, so I
downloaded the maps for Kansas and wound up with about 40 MB of map data
as I recall.

Those maps had good street detail if I recall.  Are they or something
similar still available with 2000 census data.  Or does Tiger data
replace them?

73, de Nate >>

 Internet | n0nb at networksplus.net               | free since January 1998.
 Location | Bremen, Kansas USA EM19ov           |  "Debian, the choice of
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  |     a GNU generation!"
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |   http://www.debian.org