[Xastir] Offline TIGER maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 13 16:45:42 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Nick Kartsioukas wrote:

> How would I go about manually grabbing TIGER data for a region and putting
> it somewhere XASTIR can find it, so that when my system has no net connection
> I can still use TIGER maps?
> I grabbed some data from:
> http://www.esri.com/data/download/census2000_tigerline/index.html
> but was unable to get XASTIR to recognize it.

Those are in ESRI Shapefile format.  You need to add Shapelib to
Xastir for it to recognize that format.  You'll need Shapelib anyway
for the weather alerts to work.

If you're running on Windows, see the README.win32 file for
instructions.  If you're running on some other operating (and might
I say "Good for you!"), then the instructions are in the INSTALL
file.