[Xastir] Setup.

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Jan 19 15:42:41 EST 2004

I've got tenured professors, teaching GIS, who have no idea of what a
datum is.  I was RIF'd from the Forest Science's GIS operation because
they couldn't find a need for a geodesist to keep 'em straight.  Even
when they could charge projects for my time, at a significantly higher
rate than they paid, they didn't understand a lot of the issues.

One particular prof prefers to do all his workin NAD27, because he's
"familiar" with it.  However, he has discovered GPS, although he's been
heard to complain that those Trimble GeoExplorer products weren't very
good because they didn't match well to his maps...

Go figure.
gerry