[Xastir] Sucess

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 22 17:38:50 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, James Jolin wrote:

> Now, all I have is a gray screen with grid lines  Read the readme on
> maps, but I can't find maps for Wisconsin.  What would be the way to go
> here.

Either Tiger data in ESRI Shapefile format, or use the Tigermap
server off the internet.  You'd need Shapelib compiled into Xastir
for the Shapefile maps.  Either of those will give you street maps.
You didn't mention what sort of maps you were after.

You have Tigermap/Terraserver/Toposerver support in Xastir now if
you got ImageMagick working, and have either libcurl or wget
installed on your system.

You can also use PocketAPRS/WinAPRS/dosAPRS maps, without any
extra libraries compiled into Xastir.

> BTW how do I get my MFJ tnc-2 in kiss.  The startup file does not have a
> proceedure for that.  I believe it is restart, kiss on.

It is assumed that your TNC will already by in KISS mode if you use
the Serial KISS or AX.25 kernel-mode interfaces.  We don't provide
any options for getting you TNC in/out of KISS mode.