[Xastir] Got the xastir "blues"

Tim Connolly tim at timsnet.com
Thu Jul 1 01:10:19 EDT 2004

I have this same issues. RH8.0 w/Xastir 1.1.4, Debian w/Xastir 1.3.2 or
1.3.3.same deal.

Any ideas what the fix is?

I'm running SecureCRT 4.0.9 with Xwin32 5.4 on a WindowsXP box.

No other X apps that I use have had this discoloration. Weird..

http://128.143.202.192/pipermail/xastir/2002-October/005323.html

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Chris Devine wrote:

> I normally run X on Exceed on win2k, and the Tiger Maps background is
always
> dark blue. I thought that was normal until I ran xastir on the console,
and
> the
> background is a nice white. Strange enough, but the snapshot viewed on
> browsers through apache, as well as just clicking on the .png directly,
show
> the same as the currently running xastir.

The PNG should look the same as what you are viewing.  It just
creates an XPM image from the final pixmap that is displayed in the
Xastir drawing area, then converts it to a PNG as the last step.

It sounds like you're getting bit by some eXceed code that is trying
to convert the Unix colors into the Windows colors.  How many bits
of color are you running on Unix and on win2k?  Perhaps there's a
mismatch there as well.

I'd hunt around with google with respect to eXceed problems, to see
if you can track it down that way.