[Xastir] SUSE 9.1 Motif problem

Gale D. Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Fri Jul 2 17:05:39 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Gale D. Wilkinson wrote:
>

>>Just went to the open motif site and noticed something that may
>>(hopefully) fix the problem.  They said that the runtime files must be
>>install before the devel files.  Possibly Suse installed them in the
>>wrong order.  I am going to try doing an uninstall and then install the
>>runtime and then restarting Yast and doing the devel packages to see if
>>it helps.  If not I do have the Suse rpms from the site.  Will let you
>>know what I find out.
>>

>Please.  That might help out my buddy who's been having similar
>problems.
>
>--
>Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
>"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U
>"The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

Well, that didn't do the trick. Tried both the Suse supplied rpm's and
the ones from the site.

Even went so far as to uninstall openmotif and install lesstif from the web site.  Same problem.
So I finally got smart and did a search for the Xm.h file.  Found it in /usr/X11R6/include/Xm/
Also noted that the LessTif directory was in the X11R6 directory.  So the problem appears to be
something that is common to both packages.

It would seem to me that if configure is finding /usr/X11R6 it should find the sub directories
under it..  But I could be way wrong with my limited Linux knowledge.

Not sure where to go from here.

  Gale