[Xastir] Track Identification

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 9 10:59:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:

> I know this is on the to-do list.... but just thought I would ask.
> Any chance seeing any progress in putting the cursor on a track and
> identifying it?  At times it is difficult to see who owns what track with the
> increased useage and lumpy terrain.

That is difficult.  It involves checking whether a point is on a
line segment, and doing a lot of math between every set of points
for every track that might be in the current view.

It would be easier to have a toggle which will display the callsign
at every posit point along a track.  Enable it to display them and
disable it to go back to normal.

Another option would be to provide enough variance in the track
types so that this wouldn't be necessary in most cases.  Color, line
width, line type could all be varied to come up with a large
assortment of track types.