[Xastir] Track Identification

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 9 11:37:58 EDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Tyler Allison wrote:

> How about every X position points on the track a callsign is displayed.
>
> X could either be a hard number, a calculation based on zoom level or a
> calculation based on total position points in the track.
>
> Just thinking of trying not to clutter up the map with 62 same callsigns
> all lumped on top of each other if someone was walking in a tight circle
> :)

Well, if you're not using OpenTrac protocol or APRS Base-91
compressed positions, you should be able to zoom in to the
60-feet-between-positions that standard APRS will give you and be
able to separate callsigns easily.  I guess that's one advantage to
using standard non-compressed APRS, eh?  You probably thought I
couldn't think of one!

How'z about we get some improvement in there first, then work on
improving that?  I don't have the time/energy to put into a
whiz-bang do-all solution for this one, but I might find time to
make it better in increments.  It'd be nice if a few of the other
developers could find some free time to help out with things like
this.  ;-)

Seriously, I have a LOT of other things that I'm just itching to get
to, and incremental improvements here and there to the GUI are
getting in my way.  I want very badly to get back to more SAR
features and map code.