[Xastir] Track Identification

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Sat Jul 10 01:35:29 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:
>

>>I know this is on the to-do list.... but just thought I would ask.
>>Any chance seeing any progress in putting the cursor on a track and
>>identifying it?  At times it is difficult to see who owns what track with the
>>increased useage and lumpy terrain.
>

> That is difficult.  It involves checking whether a point is on a
> line segment, and doing a lot of math between every set of points
> for every track that might be in the current view.

How bout a R click/menu function that'd bring up a dialog of just the
current stations - along side of each a sample of their particular
traack color (and type if implimented). Then, it'd be nice to be able to
double click on a station in that dialog and have only that track show
on the map. Quick undo for revert to normal. Simialr kinda idea to the
feature request I filed earlier this week.

Of course, if the track goes off the current view, no joy. Mmm, maybe a
margin with station calls? Kinda like a highway map where the roads go
off the map....

If it's workable and usefull - cool, otherwise I'm just rambling.

73