[Xastir] no connection to the internet server

Urs Haechler urhae at gmx.net
Sat Jul 10 05:22:58 EDT 2004

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Urs Haechler wrote:
>
> > telnet to and from the fedora box works ok.
>
> Give me the machine name and port number you're trying to connect
> to.  I'll try it.
>
> Another possibility might be that your LANG variables may be set
> differently, causing things like sscanf() to interpret things
> differently.  You might try setting LANG to "C" or to "en_US" to see
> if that fixes it.  Try it like this:
>
>     export LANG=en_US; xastir &
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

I tried several servers. www.aprs.net 10151, db0lj.ampr.org 1313,
db0lj.ampr.org 10153, kb2ear.aprs.net 14579.

The language variable has no affect to the problem.

I have started xastir in the debug mode with xastir -v2. Here is the
output...

Port Available 0
Opening a Network stream
IP Address: 66.78.35.146
Creating new thread
net_connect_thread start
We have a socket to use
after htons
after setsockopt
calling connect(), port: 10151
10
10
10
connect result was: -1
net_connect_thread():net connection failed, port 0, DEVICE_ERROR ***
10
10
net_connect_thread terminating itself
10
Thread exceeded it's time limit or failed to connect! Port 0
Killing thread
Thread did not return, port 0, DEVICE_ERROR ***
Net ok: 0, port 0
*** net_init is returning a -1 ***
Checking for expired alerts...
Found device error on port 0

maybee this will give any idea what is going wrong

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

U. Haechler