[Xastir] automated objects

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 30 19:43:20 EDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Brenda O'Hagan wrote:

> is there a way to feed objects into xastir automatically, and update them too.
> the help file tells me that objects are recorded in
> ~/.xastior/config/object.log
>
> i've tried adding to this file using what looks like the right syntax, but it
> doesn't seem to be read again by a running xastir process.

It only reads that file when it starts up, and writes to it whenever
any of its owned objects are tweaked.

The way to do it now would be to "telnet localhost 2023" with a
script, authenticate (send it the user/pass string), inject the
packet, then disconnect.  Perl can do this quite nicely.

You'll need to enable the listening port on the Interface menu for
this to work.  If you turn on igating the packets can go up to the
servers as well.