[Xastir] Blank screen

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 9 21:37:30 EDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, John Place wrote:

> Had to power down system due to power outage. Now Xastir just sits there
> trying to load tiger maps from the server. The only way I can stop it is
> to kill it. Am trying to find a log file that may shed some light on
> this problem. Where shall I look? Have looked in ~.xastir and
> usr/local/share/xastir.
> Even went so far as to do a cvs update.  Last message on terminal screen
> states: Lock is stale! Removing it. Did a new configure again with dbfawk.
> Advice please. Or is tigermaps down?

I'm getting the same sort of thing.  Perhaps they changed their URL
again on us?

It should eventually time out.  You can also kill Xastir, then go
into ~/.xastir/config and remove your selected_maps.sys file, which
will remove all of your current map selections.  Next time you start
up Xastir, just don't click on the tigermap stuff.

We'll have to keep a watch on it to see if they changed the URL.
Actually, I guess it was terraserver that did that to us a couple of
times so far, not the tigermap server.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer