[Xastir] Maps

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 14 19:41:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, John Place wrote:

> It seems like Xastir just gets hung up when loading online file. Will
> let it run overnight.

Try one of the other online map choices, like terraserver or
toposerver perhaps.  They should be faster.  Not much we can do when
one of the online servers is having difficulties.

> Was wondering why when loading maps from disk, the
> system reloads all maps each time you do a zoom or move direction?

Because it is optimizing by loading only those maps and portions of
maps that fit on the screen.  It's not caching the full map files or
any portion of them.  It's drawing the points/vectors/polygons
directly to the internal pixmap.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer