[Xastir] tnc2-ui

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Jun 15 04:51:10 EDT 2004

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

>> lies.  I also see that " <UI>:" portion.  I'm not sure yet whether
>> that will cause us problems in the decoding.

Ok, with the MCOM OFF command I was able to turn off the <UI> tag.

Now Xastir successfully decodes the information from the TNC and
correctly displays the stations on the map.

Anyway, I have problems to TRANSMIT my position. Here there is a piece
of the log when I press "transmit now":

*********** Beginning of the log ***********
IW2NYD>APX132,TRACE7-7:=4548.14N/00925.72E-XASTIR-Linux

MYCALL=IW2NYD

UNPROTO=APX132 VIA TRACE7-7

Cosa ?

Cosa ?
*********** End of the log ***********

"Cosa ?" is translated with "What ?" and seems to be the answer of the
TNC when it doesn't recognize a command. After having pressed the
transmit now button, the TNC *doesn't* transmit anything, ie the PTT led
stays turned off and the radio doesn't go in TX mode.

Any suggestion?

Until now, the tnc-startup file is like this:

LTIME 0
HEADER OFF
LF OFF
MCOM OFF