[Xastir] Canada/US Border Topo Maps

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 17 01:13:55 EDT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:

> Trying to display topo maps using the US topo server and Canada Topo250 maps
> to display info on both sides of the border at the same time.  Either one
> wipes the other out depending on how the layering is set.  Last one loaded
> wins...
>
> It appears both maps leave white space on the others country which overwrites
> the map info.
>
> Am I assuming there is probably no way around this?

You are correct in assuming that each will overlay the other.  The
only way I know of currently to do it is to use the Canadian online
maps, but use USGS geoTIFF local maps.  The geoTIFF code will crop
off the white border, so all you have to do in that case is make
sure the Canadian maps load first by setting the level or having
them earlier in the search order.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer