[Xastir] tnc2-ui

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Thu Jun 17 04:03:51 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:

> The full command is "converse", but they provided a shortcut command
> 'k' to get there as well.  I'm sorry to hear that they didn't
> implement the "conv" command in your TNC.

I've contacted the guy who assembled this TNC and he checked the source
code of the firmware; there is a bug, a typo in the "converse" string
stored in the internal eprom.

He told me he will recompile the sources and burn new TNCs with the
updated firmware; it will be possible to upgrade existing TNCs too.

Anyway, if the "K" shortcut is more compatible, I would suggest to use
it instead of the actual one, for a wide compatibility... I'm pushing
the use of Xastir over other software a lot, here in Italy... :)

I tested the "K" with the THD7 and it works well.

Thank you
Alessio Sangalli