[Xastir] Xastir and SAR

Alan Crosswell n2ygk at weca.org
Thu Jun 17 17:16:33 EDT 2004

My club has been using APRS a lot (not with Xastir actually but with UIView:-)
to track vehicles in nuke plant drills, walkathons, bikeathons, etc.  We've been
asked to do an APRS class for a regional SAR conference in September and while
I'm comfortable teaching APRS I am not comfortable with the SAR aspects.  I know
there's been a lot of development on Xastir to support SAR but haven't been
paying attention to that part of it.  I'd appreciate pointers on what I need to
learn or even nominations of people who could do a good job of teaching this in
the Catskill Mountains in NY in September.

73 de Alan N2YGK