[Xastir] Maps ?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 22 15:27:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> I just built Xastir on my debian box and am having problems with maps.
>
> When I go into the Map Chooser and choose Online/tigermap.geo, it goes off and
> thinks for a few mins, then my screen simply turns black - no map.

Check whether you have a new file in ~/.xastir/tmp like map.jpg or
map.gif.  Check it with "xv" or "display" to see if it is the map
your requested.  If so, then wget or libcurl are fetching the map
for you, but ImageMagick is screwing it up.

Another possibility is that you have your map intensity set to 0.