[Xastir] Maps ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu Jun 24 02:29:28 EDT 2004

OK,

I've now tried it with built-from-source ImageMagick. I tried with two
versions: 6.0.2-7 and 5.5.7-22 both yield the same results - no maps,  only a
black screen.

I'm using Xastir version 1.3.3 from June 16, 2004.

Each time, the map.gif was downloaded correctly (as I confirmed via "display
~/.xastir/tmp/map.gif").

The Online/USRadar.geo does not work either - it downloads the file map.png
(which looks OK when viewed with display), but turns my window black.

Any other suggestions?

The box that I am building/running this on is a small box - only has 32 MB
Ram. With Xastir running, free memory is down to around 3MB, but I have lots
of swap available (100MB or so). Could this be related?

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>> What version of Xastir?  I recall that we had to make some tweaks a
>> while back due to changes in ImageMagick.  Latest stable is 1.3.2.
>> CVS is 1.3.3.
>>
>> Try one of those if you're running a slightly older version.
>
> I see that in May 2003 we had a discussion about "radar maps" and
> some people were seeing solid black maps as rendered by ImageMagick.
> The downloaded file though was ok, just like yours.  In that case it
> was Mandrake 9.0 and perhaps some others that had a bad ImageMagick
> RPM.
>
> I'd suggest trying another version of ImageMagick.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

William McKeehan
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
http://mckeehan.homeip.net