[Xastir] Memory fixes, plus special stuff not in the docs

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 25 12:28:38 EDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

> Somewhat off topic for this but concerning the Debian Sarge comments.
> My Linux box is Debian Sarge and xastir is running great on there.  But
> I'm using the Cygwin xserver on my windows box for display instead of
> the local xserver (since that system has no monitor attached) if that
> helps narrow down finding the 32bit display bug at all.

Well, it's not a 32-bit display bug per se, but more of a "the code
hasn't been written to support it yet" kind of thing.

The code to create the proper colors out of the image bits has yet
to be written.  It changes as you go to each resolution, and
different types of images have them packed in different manners as
well.  It's a pain.