[Xastir] Re: The Future, How soon?

Jeff Brenton KA9VNV ka9vnv at dididahdahdidit.com
Fri Jun 25 14:01:59 EDT 2004

HG> I think Aaron's /etc/xastir.conf idea is a great way to handle permissions.

Of course, we could use established permission methods, like obeying
/etc/hosts.* file restrictions.

One way of doing that would be to have a "wedge" client that runs at
the behest of xinetd, to provide the glue between an external client
and a socket-based local interface to xastird. That is, the proposed
xastird won't serve anything outside of 127.0.0.1 clients, and the
wedge would take care of accepting and authenticating external
clients, passing their requests along to localhost.

--
Best regards,
 Jeff                            mailto:ka9vnv at dididahdahdidit.com