[Xastir] Xastir is stack smashing?

Reuven Z Gevaryahu gevaryah at netaxs.com
Sun Jun 27 17:40:02 EDT 2004

Mike Markowski wrote:

> Ok, it's taken me a week longer than expected to get to this, but
> I've made some progress that maybe will be more meaningful to the
> developers than me.  I'll continue hacking at it, but am just
> passing on this little discovery.
>
> In the CVS main.c from this past week (not sure offhand which day...)
> on line 7524 is the code:
>
> 	children[ac++] = da;

Hmm:

4572:Widget children[8];         /* Children to manage */
7739:ac = 0;
7740:children[ac++] = text;
7741:children[ac++] = text2;
7742:children[ac++] = text3;
7743:children[ac++] = text4;
7744:children[ac++] = log_indicator;
7745:children[ac++] = iface_da;
7746:children[ac++] = menubar;
7747:children[ac++] = toolbar;
7748:children[ac++] = da;

Try making that top one (~L 4500) be "Widget children[9]" and see if
that does it. It looks like "log_indicator" got added in v 1.229 without
updating the array size. I bet either your kernel or C library have some
extra checking in them.

--Reuven (KB3EHW)