[Xastir] Install problems -- Cant make with Mandrake 10.0

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Tue Jun 29 23:31:57 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 07:58:14PM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <jon at jzweig.org> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> Hello-
>
> Am kind of new at this and I'm stuck would appreciate any pointers.
>
> ./configure works OK   get this output
> [...]
> [jon at localhost xastir]$ make
> cd . && /bin/sh /home/jon/Downloads/xastir/missing --run autoconf
> autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
> make: *** [configure] Error 1

Jack suggested a ./bootstrap.sh, but this error has me worried that that
might fix your issue --- the version of autoconf you need to bootstrap xastir
shouldn't look for configure.in, but configure.ac.  If Jack's suggestion
doesn't fix everything for you, you should try this:

   autoconf --version

It should tell you that you're using a relatively recent version of
autoconf (I'm using 2.57).  If I recall correctly, only really old versions
like 2.13 will look for configure.in instead of configure.ac.

Are you building a version of xastir you've checked out of CVS, or a
development snapshot, or a stable release?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey