[Xastir] Terraserver?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 1 23:17:19 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> I noticed today that all of the images downloaded by xastir from
> terraserver were solid black --- the last time I tried was on Friday,
> when it worked beautifully.  Is there anyone out there who has *not*
> seen this today?  It's happened both on my work machine (where I
> suspected some monkey business with the firewall), and at home (where
> the only fascist firewall administrator I have to blame is myself).

Just checked.  I'm getting tigermaps ok, but toposerver and
terraserver are _almost_ all black.  There's text in the lower right
corner that says "USGS".  You can see it easily if you look at the
image in the ~/.xastir/tmp directory.

Looks like it's not an Xastir display problem, as the image we're
downloading is definitely black.

On a good note, we do have tigermaps back, and I'm close to having
yet another internet map source working.  Stay tuned.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer