[Xastir] Sample settings for USRadar.geo ?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 5 14:10:40 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Chris Bell wrote:

> > Looks like we need changes to the code to accomodate this.  I'd vote
> > for allowing a 32-bit value, but masking off all high-order bits so
> > that it matches the current X11 server colordepth.  That might then
> > work on all systems, right?  Any color experts out there that can
> > tell me if I have to bit-twiddle as well to make this work?
>

> Well, you can't just mask them off.  The proper way is to filter it
> through the same colormap code that the image takes... Yes, it is
> dependent on the displaytype.

See if the fix I implemented is truly a fix.  I did it rather
hurriedly, but I think it might suffice.  It works on my 16-bit
colordepth system here.  See if it works for 32-bit and 24-bit
systems.

I had trouble getting sscanf() to work with "%lu".  It was reading
"0" each time.  "%lu" read in 31 bits signed, which was not what I
wanted.  I went with "%lx", which did work, and changed the English
docs to specify that the TRANSPARENT value be in hex.  The end
result is that you can now specify a 32-bit value, whereas before
you couldn't.