[Xastir] Converting National Geographic Maps?

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Wed Mar 10 12:20:30 EST 2004

The TOPO! CDs that I have are fairly easy to figure out.

Each map has it's own directory, with a format that is similar to what the
mapfgd.pl script takes (I haven't tried it, but I assume that it is the
same).  In each folder are small segments of the map, in .GIF.  Each segment
is numbered in their own numbering scheme, but if you look at a known map
vs. the map on the CD, it will take you all of about 30 seconds to figure it
out.

I want to write a script to generate .geo files for each piece, but have
been a little tied up lately.

73 - Matt