[Xastir] Convert oziexplorer maps to xastir?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Mar 13 22:49:03 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Ryan Verner wrote:

> I've been looking at gps solutions under Linux and xastir/gpsdrive seem
> like the way to go.
>
> I currently have gigs of maps on a Windows partition on my laptop
> (0:250's, 0:50's, street maps of Adelaide) that work perfectly under
> oziexplorer - they're either gif's or tiff's, with .map files.
>
> I'd like to use these under xastir.  I have no idea how I'd convert
> these .map files for use, though.

Do you have a smallish GIF and .map file you could send me?  We have
a conversion script for converting .INF files to .GEO.  If the
format wasn't too strange for the .map file, that'd be an easy
script to modify for this purpose.

These maps have to be true north-up and rectangular, and not much
distortion in them, as we only use two tiepoints in Xastir.
Hopefully this is a good match with the maps you have.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer