[Xastir] Convert oziexplorer maps to xastir?

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Sat Mar 13 22:58:20 EST 2004

On 14/03/2004, at 2:00 PM, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Ryan Verner wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I've been looking at gps solutions under Linux and xastir/gpsdrive
>> seem
>> like the way to go.
>
> What does gpsdrive buy you that xastir doesn't do?

Gpsdrive just worked out the box, although it isn't terribly
featureful.  Xastir definitely looks cooler, but haven't really played
with it yet.  Gpsdrive also talks to kismet and sets waypoints when I'm
stumbling for wireless access points, which is functionality I really
like (main reason why I got a GPS unit; I'm undergoing planning of some
network infrastructure here).

Given I've only owned a GPS unit for a few weeks, this is all very new
to me.

Signature space for rent.